Fiverr is a popular website where anyone can offer or purchase services at the bargain price of only $5. This represents an opportunity for both buyers and sellers. On the other hand, this site has gotten so large and popular that it takes some skill to navigate it. In this Fiverr review, we’ll provide an inside look at what Fiverr is and how to benefit from it. We also have an exclusive Fiverr promo code for our readers. New users who open an account can save 20% off of their first purchase by entering Fiverr’s promo code AR5BA during the checkout process.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr.com is a site with a simple concept. Just about any web based service can be offered as long as the start price is $5. Services are called gigs. You can search in many different categories, such as programming & tech, music, online marketing, art, videos and many others. Payments are processed through PayPal, credit card or Bitcoin. As with other service based websites, customers can leave ratings and reviews. There is a messaging system within Fiverr that allows buyers and sellers to communicate before, during and after purchases. Let’s take a look at who this site is for and how to get the most out of it.
Who is Fiverr For?
Fiverr is an incredibly diverse website that can serve the needs of many types of people. Many users are, in fact, both customers and sellers at different points. Some of the people who use this site frequently include:
- Customers who need reasonably priced services.
- People looking to make extra money. Many sellers are students, stay at home moms and others looking to make a part time income.
- Serious professionals who use $5 gigs to upsell more expensive services.
- People who use Fiverr for fun and entertainment. Many sellers offer entertaining or even silly gigs, such as singing a song wearing a funny costume.
Now let’s see how you can get the most out of Fiverr as either a buyer or seller.
Fiverr For Customers
If you are seeking any service that can be performed online, chances are Fiverr has it listed. There are artists, musicians, programmers, videographers, writers, graphic designers and every other type of service provider you can imagine. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when shopping on Fiverr.
- Read Reviews -Reviews can give you an idea of the reliability and quality of work offered by the seller.
- Pay Attention to Time -Sellers must indicate how long the gig will take. If you need something by tomorrow, don’t choose a gig where the estimated time for completion is a week.
- Don’t Expect Too Much For $5 -While you can get excellent value on Fiverr, you have to be realistic about what people are willing to do for this low fee. This brings us to the next point.
- Pay Attention To Upsells -Many sellers use the $5 gig to motivate people to order upsells. This is part of the system and there’s nothing wrong with this. At the same time, buyers should read the gig description carefully and make sure that they understand what is included for $5 and what costs extra.
- Request Gigs -If you don’t see the exact service you need listed, you can request a gig. If someone is interested in doing it, he or she can message you.
See out complete list of the best Fiverr Gigs for small businesses. These could save any company hundreds to thousands of dollars while just starting. New users can save 20% off of their first purchase by using our excluse Fiverr promo code below.
Fiverr For Sellers
If you want to make money with Fiverr, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Offer Your Best Work -Even if you don’t make a lot from each gig, you want to build a reputation on Fiverr. Over-delivering is a good way to do this.
- Offer Upsells -As mentioned, one of the best ways to make money on this site is to offer upsells. For example, graphic artists will often do a very basic design for $5, but charge extra for more detail.
- Meet Deadlines -If you don’t finish work on time, buyers can request a refund. This will also affect your rating.
- Communicate With Buyers -Be sure to answer questions that come your way.
Fiverr: A Diverse Site That Offers Many Opportunities
Fiverr offers both buyers and sellers many opportunities to get jobs done or to make money. Navigating the site can be a little overwhelming at first, but the search function allows you to narrow down the different gigs and services. Whether you are a buyer or seller, it’s a good idea to browse around the site and get familiar with it before you start using it. One good thing about Fiverr is that you can start off slowly, either buying or offering simple gigs to get an idea of how the whole system works. New users can save 20% off the first purchase (big or small) by using our Fiverr promo code AR5BA during the checkout process. And see our recommended list of the best fiverr gigs of the year here.