If you want to promote your business, videos are one of your best tools. You can post videos on your own website, upload them to YouTube and also share them on Facebook and other social media sites. There are several types of videos that can be effective for promoting your business, explaining products or providing helpful information that your audience will appreciate.
There are animation videos, testimonial videos, whiteboard videos and many others. Yet many business owners are daunted by the idea of making videos. It takes a certain amount of time and expertise, not to mention a four to five-figure budget. Fortunately, there are quite a few tools and services that simplify the process and make it more affordable. Let’s look at three alternative services (Fiverr, Promo and Powtoon) for making effective SMB videos for your business.
Fiverr.com is the place to go if you want to outsource your videos at a reasonable price. There are many people on Fiverr who will make great videos for you. While prices technically start at $5 ($6.00 actually, with the service fee), you’ll probably want to choose some upgrades. Still, you can get quite a bit done for under $100, which is far cheaper than you’d pay with traditional video services. Here are a few examples of Fiverr gigs that offer videos.
Spokespersons & Testimonials – Review or testimonial videos are useful for building trust and credibility for your business. Usually, the $5 gig is fairly basic (with a limited words count), but you can always upgrade for a longer message. There are many Fiverr sellers who offer this type of gig. You can find all different types – men, women, British, American or Australian accents, younger, older, etc.
Whiteboard & Explainer Videos – For businesses that want a professionally made video for showcasing their product, service or course. Also good if you want to provide detailed instructions on how to use a product.
Animated Characters & Modeling – 3D animation videos are good for explaining products and businesses in an appealing way. You can choose overlays, colors and other features.
These are just a few examples of video gigs on Fiverr.com. Before ordering a gig, make sure you read the description thoroughly. You can always ask the seller questions before ordering. You can also read reviews of the gig to see how satisfied previous customers have been. Fiverr is the best option if you want to outsource your videos. Once you find someone who makes videos you like, you can always use him or her in the future.
Promo by Slidely
Promo is a different approach from Fiverr. This is a service that lets you make your own videos. However, it doesn’t require any expertise on your part. Nor do you have to appear in front of the camera yourself or even use a camera. You have a selection of video clips, images and licensed music so that you can put together your own videos. Of course, you can also use your own video footage of yourself, your business or products if you prefer. Promo is a complete video creation system that makes it simple for anyone to create professional looking videos quickly. Here are some of the leading features.
- High-Quality Video Content. There are millions of video clips and music that give your videos a professional look. You also don’t have to worry about copyright infringements (which can be a serious problem if you simply grab images or music from the internet) as everything is licensed.
- Add Your Own Logo and Images. By adding your own images, logo and text, you can brand your videos. Combined with the great content Promo provides, the whole process is fast and simple.
- Share Videos. It’s simple to publish your videos to your own website as well as anywhere else online, such as YouTube, Twitter, blogs, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Download Videos and Own all the Rights. Once you download a video you’ve made with Promo, it’s all yours. There’s no watermark and you can use it for any purpose.
- Flexible Pricing Plans. Promo offers several pricing options, starting at $49/month, which lets you create one video. Plus, at $99/month gives you 4 videos per month. Pro, at $199/month, gives you 10 videos per month. With Agency, at $359/month, you can make 15 videos.
Promo is a good option if you want to make videos consistently and would prefer to control the process yourself rather than outsource it.
Powtoon is yet another popular option for videos. This service lets you create animated videos and presentations on your own. This type of video is often effective for entertaining your audience and explaining things in a fun and interesting manner. You can use Powtoon videos in many different ways.
An animated video is an engaging way to give people an overview of your business or product. It’s often more entertaining than watching someone talk in front of a webcam. They’re also good for training people in your organization. If you need to teach your employees or virtual assistants something, an animated video is a good way to do it. This type of video is also great for marketing purposes, whether your customers are other businesses or consumers. Powtoon provides attractive templates that let you drag-and-drop images and music to create professional animations for any purpose in minutes.
There are several pricing options for Powtoon, starting with a free plan. For free you can make 5-minute animations with a file size of 100mb. This is good for trying it out and getting an idea of how it works. Pro plans start at $19/month and let you make HD, watermark-free 2G videos up to 15 minutes long. Business plans start at $59/month and let you create 10GB videos up to 60 minutes long.
Which is Best for SMB Videos: Fiverr, Promo or Powtoon?
We’ve looked at some of the features offered by these three video services. Which is best for your business? You really have to decide what kind of videos work best for you as well as how many videos you want to make. Here’s a recap and some pros and cons of each.
- Fiverr – This is a great option for outsourcing. You don’t have to do anything at all except hire someone. Another benefit is that you only pay for each video with no subscriptions. So if you only want to make videos occasionally, you only pay for what you use. The only real downside is having to find a reliable seller. This isn’t difficult, though, as Fiverr has many qualified people who make videos.
- Promo by Slidely – This service lets you make very appealing videos on your own. If you’re currently making PowerPoint videos or using a service such as Animoto, Promo is a step up from these. The main drawback is that there’s a monthly subscription, though you can pause your membership through the dashboard at any time.
- Powtoon – The premier service for animated videos and presentations. This is perfect for animated videos. If you want videos with live actors or photos, however, it’s not the right choice.
The best solution completely depends on your needs and budget. In some cases, you might want to use two or even all three of the above options. For example, you might want both animated and live videos for different purposes. It’s simple to test any of them with minimal risk. Promo lets you make a video for free (though you can’t share it). Powtoon has a free plan. And you can test sellers on Fiverr with an inexpensive gig. Videos are a great way to build your business. It’s just a matter of finding the solution that works best for you.