If you have an online business of any kind, you are surely familiar with the practice of outsourcing. This simply means hiring people such as virtual assistants for various tasks. Whether you currently outsource or not, it’s something that you’ve probably considered. One of the challenges of outsourcing is finding qualified, trustworthy and reasonable workers. OnlineJobs.ph is a service that helps you find people from the Philippines for tasks such as web design, social media marketing, programming, bookkeeping and more. Let’s take a look at OnlineJobs.ph and explore some of its features, benefits and discounted rates options.
The Benefits of Outsourcing from The Philippines
Many (if not most) successful entrepreneurs use outsourcing services. The Philippines is one of the countries with a large pool of workers who speak English and have many skills needed by online businesses. The internet has made outsourcing quite practical, as people anywhere in the world can perform tasks for you remotely. Here are some of the major benefits of outsourcing to the Philippines.
- Gives you more free time. If you’re currently doing everything to run your business, outsourcing gives you the time to focus on the essential tasks.
- Helps you scale up your business. Getting help allows you to get more accomplished and grow your business faster. The benefits of outsourcing were publicized in Tim Ferriss’s book The 4-Hour Workweek.
- Workers from The Philippines have much lower costs of living than people in Western countries, so they can charge low rates. Also, these people work from home so they have minimal expenses. For these reasons, it’s possible to get great value with outsourcing.
- Lets you avoid the hassles of hiring employees. Outsourcing doesn’t involve hiring employees; workers are independent contractors. This means you don’t have legal obligations such as providing benefits or workman’s comp. Nor do you have to worry about getting sued.
- Strong work ethic. People from the Philippines are ambitious and hard working. They possess many skills and are eager to work hard for their pay.
The Philippines is one of the leading countries for finding online assistants and other workers. However, the challenge is finding the right people for what you need. While, as mentioned, many Filipinos are great workers, it’s always important to screen people. One of the potential downsides to outsourcing is lack of accountability. If you simply hire someone you found randomly on the internet (such as through an ad or Craigslist posting), there’s no guarantee that he or she will be reliable. OnlineJobs.ph is an agency that helps you find trustworthy workers for your needs.
What OnlineJobs.ph Offers
OnlineJobs.ph is a service for both outsourcers seeking workers and for Filipinos who are looking for work. In fact, it’s one of the world’s largest marketplaces for this purpose. This is one of the biggest advantages of OnlineJobs.ph. The very size of the marketplace makes it possible to find workers with precisely the skills you need. Here are some of the leading features of the site.
- More than 150,000 Filipino workers available for many different tasks.
- Jobs include SEO, virtual assistant (which may include a wide variety of tasks), WordPress, writing, website design, PHP programming, social media and more.
- Browse resumes or post a job and let workers apply.
- Hours are tracked with TimeProof, software that records all hours to ensure accuracy.
- Pay workers with PayPal or EasyPay, a convenient payment system with no fees. Only pay after work is done.
- The site provides training and support to help you get the best results from workers.
- Premium plans allow for background checks and worker coaching.
Pricing for OnlineJobs.ph
When you hire a Filipino worker through OnlineJobs.ph, you negotiate the terms via email. There are no pre-set rates for any jobs, so the company has no say about that. There are, however, costs for using the service.
- Free: 3 Job Posts, 2 days job-post approval time. Since you can’t actually hire workers, this plan is really just to get an idea of how the site works. To hire someone, you’ll have to upgrade to Pro or Premium.
- Pro: $49/month – 3 Job Posts, instant job approval time. Contact 75 workers per month. Read worker reviews.
- Premium: $199/month – 10 job posts, instant job approval time. Contact 500 workers per month. Read worker reviews. Background data checks, worker coaching service.
Discounts are available for those who purchase the annual membership (buy a year, get 2 months for free). You will need to contact customer support for that.
Another discount option is to grab another one of John Jonas’s services named ReplaceMyself (an outsourcing training platform, for both the employer and the hired freelancer), which costs $97/m and includes the OnlineJobs.ph Pro membership for free.
How to Succeed With Outsourcing
Although OnlineJobs.ph provides a large marketplace full of qualified workers, outsourcing is not something that makes you rich overnight. There are numerous educational articles on the site, including a list of common mistakes outsourcers make. Some business owners think that they can simply hire outsourcers and, without providing any guidance, see their business explode immediately. While there are some great potential benefits to outsourcing, it also requires some effort, especially in the beginning.
To get the most out of OnlineJobs.ph (or any outsourcing service), you first have to carefully choose the workers. On this site, you have the chance to email back and forth before hiring someone. Make sure that you are on the same page as the worker and that you have a good rapport. Keep in mind that, while people who post resumes on this site speak English, it’s not their first language.
It’s also essential to provide clear and thorough instructions when you hire someone. Remember that you are familiar with your business but a new worker isn’t. You need patience and a willingness to explain everything in detail. Also, make sure that you’re available to answer any questions. Once you develop a working relationship with someone, things will get easier. At first, however, it’s like training any new employee. You can’t expect them to know how to do everything perfectly right away. As the creators of OnlineJobs.ph suggest, it’s usually best to start slowly and not try to outsource everything at one time.
OnlineJobs.ph provides business owners with a great opportunity. You can tap into the world’s largest marketplace of Filipino workers. If you approach it in a professional manner and understand that building a business with outsourcing is a long-term process, it’s a service that helps you free up your time and grow your business.