The Importance of Barcodes
If you research what it takes to sell products online, you’ll soon discover that one requirement is that your products have barcodes, just like the ones that cashiers scan at supermarkets and other stores. Barcodes allow for instant recognition of a product and how much it costs.
While many sellers use barcodes mainly because they must in order to comply with regulations, this technology has some real benefits. They are efficient for tracking inventory and prices. They also identify a product as belonging to you, which can help prevent pirating and counterfeiting. For example, an author or musical artist can demonstrate ownership of work with a barcode. While they aren’t actual copyrights, they can help to establish that a product is yours.
Several types of barcodes are commonly used today. You may need one or more of the following:
- UPC — A Universal Product Code is a 12-digit code used in the U.S. and Canada by retailers to keep track of inventory.
- GTIN — A Global Trade Item Numbers are used internationally to track items shipped to different countries. There are many types of GTIN numbers.
- UPC/EAN — This is another name for GTIN numbers.
- EAN — retailers outside North America use European Article Numbers (the term has been changed to International Article Number as it no longer applies only to Europe).
Barcodes can be confusing if you’re not accustomed to using them. You need a different type of barcode depending on what you’re selling, where it’s made, and where it’s being shipped. The terms and conditions change over time, depending on regulations regarding products and trade agreements between nations.
As a seller, you don’t need to understand the details of what each barcode means. You do have to know which barcode you need for every product you sell. Once you understand how to use them, it’s not difficult to acquire barcodes. It is, however, an ongoing expense for running your business. The best you can do is find a simple and affordable way to buy them. This is where Bar Codes Talk comes in.
Features of Bar Codes Talk
Bar Codes Talk makes it easy to buy all kinds of barcodes at low prices. They’ve been in business since 2009, which is a long time in internet years. They are a member of the Google Trusted Stores program and provide various products relating to barcodes. The services they provide include:
- Instantly generate authentic barcodes for any product.
- Get quality barcode labels in formats such as laser sheets, rolls, and tags.
- For customized needs, you can upload a spreadsheet and get the barcodes you need.
- Resources describing barcodes and how to use them.
Prices for Barcodes
While barcodes are issued by national or global organizations, UPC codes, for example, are issued by the GS1 US, a nonprofit organization. You can get barcodes from them, but you have to join and pay significant fees starting at $250 to join as well as annual costs. These organizations are mainly for large companies that sell massive numbers of products and can afford such fees.
Bar Codes Talk lets smaller businesses obtain barcodes without joining such organizations. You can buy barcodes from them at discounted prices. The cost for UPC and EAN barcodes are:
$10 for 5 barcodes
$15 for 10 barcodes
$45 for 100 barcodes
$180 for 1000 barcodes
Bar Codes Talk Discounts
As you can see from the pricing above, the barcodes are discounted significantly as you buy them in larger quantities. While the cost for a single barcode is $5, it comes to only 18 cents if you buy 1,000.
You can also buy barcodes significantly discounted on Fiverr, however, you will not have the same 100% guarantee that the codes are legit, nor the support in case you have questions or problems.
Benefits of Using Bar Codes Talk
When you plan to sell products, either in stores or online, you probably don’t give a lot of thought to barcodes. They are generally seen as a nuisance that must be endured. However, they are one of those pesky details that you need to plan for if you want to run a business with physical products.
If you obtain barcodes haphazardly, they can become an expense that cuts into your profits. Worse, if you use the wrong barcodes or low-quality labels, some of your products will be ineligible for sale. Bar Codes Talk can be your one-stop solution for all your barcode needs. There are several key benefits to working with this company.
- Save money. The most obvious benefit is that you save money, especially when you buy barcodes in bulk. When you’re just starting, a few dollars here and there may not seem like much. However, if you’re selling large quantities of products, the volume discounts at Barcodes Talks will make a real difference.
- Quality labels. Bar Codes Talk has a variety of labels that work for all your needs. They have a variety of sizes and types for all kinds of products. You can choose from label rolls, tags, and laser sheets. The right labels ensure that the barcodes stay in place and last.
- As we’ve seen, barcodes can be complicated. With Bar Codes Talk, you can handle all your barcode needs on one website.
- Support and education. Bar Codes Talk provides accurate and timely information so you can easily find the right solution. If you’re not sure which kind of barcode or label is best, it’s often easier to contact Barcodes Talk than to rely on support at a large site such as Amazon (or wherever you’re selling). These sites are often overloaded with questions on thousands of topics. Barcodes Talk is completely devoted to this issue, so it provides focused and customized help. There’s also a large selection of articles and resources on the website to help you identify the right barcodes for any product type.
I’d recommend Bar Codes Talk for anyone who is selling products and needs a reliable and affordable source for all types of barcodes. They are one of the oldest and more trusted companies that handle this tedious yet essential commerce aspect. If you need barcodes, you may as well get them from a source that sells them cheaply, and that makes it easy to get exactly what you’re looking for.
If you need additional help selling on Amazon, see our favorite all-in-one suites for sellers – Jungle Scout (review and 50% off offer), Helium 10 (review and exclusive coupon), and Seller Labs (review along with an exclusive discount).