Benefits and Challenges of Working With Virtual Assistants
The outsourcing strategy for entrepreneurs was first popularized by Tim Ferris in the Four Hour Workweek and has since become a staple of the global economy, especially in online marketing. Hiring virtual assistants can save time and help you scale your business. However, several challenges can arise when you hire a VA.
- Not knowing where to start. You may not know where to look for qualified VAs or how to choose the right one. Then you need to know how to interview VAs, negotiate terms, and manage projects.
- Language and communication challenges. Many affordable VAs work from distant locations outside of your home country. There can be communication issues dealing with people whose first language isn’t English.
- Issues with the quality of work. A VA may not have the skills you thought they did or follow the provided instructions. If you have to redo the work yourself, all you’ve done is just wasted time and money.
Business owners often find it hard to find a suitable VA for these and other reasons. There’s a common perception that it’s a hit-or-miss process and that you should expect to hire and fire several VAs before finding the right one. One VA Away has streamlined the process and created a system that lets you hire a suitable VA right from the get-go.
What is One VA Away?
One VA Away is a program created by John Jonas, an author, marketer, and business coach who has been perfecting the outsourcing process for over 15 years. The name itself is a spinoff of a Clickfunnels slogan- “You’re one funnel away.. (from success)”. One VA Away teaches you to find and hire the very best Filipino virtual assistants. While you can find VAs in many countries, the Philippines has an especially large population of affordable, skilled, and diligent workers who also have a high level of English. The approach of focusing on a single country makes it easier to follow a step-by-step process. The lessons are shared in easy-to-follow videos.
At the heart of the program is the 7 Steps Challenge, designed to get you successfully working with your first VA within a week. This is an efficient, step-by-step process that is equally suitable for beginners or experienced outsourcers who may have run into problems in the past.
Hiring VAs can be a major boost to your business, but only if you do it the right way. If you hire the wrong people or spend many hours each week clarifying things or returning work that needs to be redone, it undermines the goals of saving time and scaling your business. Based on years of research, One VA Away allows you to reap the maximum benefits of hiring VAs while avoiding the common pitfalls.
Onlinejobs.ph and One VA Away
One VA Away is run by the creator of Onlinejobs.ph, a leading platform for finding the best Filipino employees and virtual assistants. This site provides a convenient platform for users to post and reply to jobs. These two sites work hand-in-hand. One VA Away teaches you everything you need to know about hiring and communicating with the most talented and reliable VAs from the Philippines. Then you can go to Onlinejobs.ph to find the best candidates.
Although One VA Away and Onlinejobs.ph are run by the same team and both were founded by John Jonas, they are run and priced separately. If you want to use Onlinejobs.ph, you’ll have to sign up for either a free or paid membership. Pricing is as follows:
- Free: 3 job posts, view job applications, Timeproof time management software.
- Pro: $69/month. All basic features, hire workers, read worker reviews, contact 75 workers per month.
- Premium: $99/month. 10 job posts, contact 500 workers per month, worker mentoring service, background data checks on workers.
Topics Covered in One VA Away
The program explains every aspect of hiring the right VA. The following are some key points and questions that are addressed.
- What are the best types of tasks to outsource?
- What are the most important skills to look for in a VA?
- What are the most common mistakes people make with outsourcing, and how do you avoid them?
- What are the best places to find Filipino workers?
- How to create job posts that attract the right VA.
- How to conduct an interview with a potential VA.
- The major red flags to look for when considering a VA.
- Tools to download that simplify your relationship with your VA.
Hiring a VA isn’t difficult, but there are many moving parts. You need to find the right platform, communicate effectively, conduct interviews, know what to look for and what to avoid, and of course, handle payments. One VA Away takes the guesswork out of it and lets you get the best possible results without wasting time.
The Outsourcing Lever
One VA Away creator John Jonas has also written an e-book called The Outsourcing Lever, which you can get for free whether you buy the program or not (paying for shipping is required). You can also get the book on Amazon (Amazon partner link), or on LuLu Press (self-publishing). This guide explains why outsourcing is such a powerful strategy and gives some valuable tips on how to get the most out of VAs. If you want to learn more about outsourcing and hiring virtual assistants, this book is a great place to start.
One Virtual Assistant away is not a subscription service that you need to pay for monthly. There’s a one-time cost of $49 that gives you lifetime access. The program is backed with an unconditional six months guarantee. You can return it for a full refund for any reason.
Who Can Benefit From One VA Away?
You can benefit from the information in this program if you fit into any of these categories:
- You want to hire your first VA without having to hire and fire a series of them.
- You’ve hired VAs in the past and have had bad or mixed experiences.
- You’re a solo entrepreneur or small business looking for the best way to save time and scale your business.
- You are experienced working with VAs but want to streamline the process and get even better results in the future.
Outsourcing is often recommended to entrepreneurs and online businesses. However, without a detailed guide on what to do, you can spend many hours and invest lots of money into resources that don’t help you achieve your goals. In fact, hiring the wrong VAs can be more expensive and waste more time than doing jobs yourself. If you learn by trial and error, you may end up giving up in frustration.
One VA Away is a helpful service that takes the form of a step-by-step challenge, that can help you get more out of outsourcing while avoiding common mistakes. It’s a reasonable investment for information that can make a big difference to the future of your business.