Many people feel overwhelmed and distracted today. Todoist offers a suite of tools to help you stay organized and manage your time more efficiently. It can be used by individuals and teams alike.
Works on All Devices and Operating Systems
Most people work on multiple devices and platforms. You and your team can access Todoist from any device and operating system. It works on desktop for Windows, Mac, or Linux and mobile for iPhone, iPad, and Android. There are extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. You can even use it with your Apple Watch.
Connect Todoist With Email and Calendars
You probably get many tasks regarding important projects via email. You can connect Todoist to email, files, and calendar feeds. For example, if someone sends you an email about an upcoming task, you can access it from your Todoist dashboard.
Share and Delegate Projects
While there are many benefits for solo users, Todoist is also designed to collaborate and delegate tasks. You can easily set up collaborations and send tasks to others on your list. You and those you send items to will receive notifications.
Measure Your Progress
Many projects can’t be done in one session but must be worked on over hours, days, weeks, or longer. Tracking your progress is crucial for meeting deadlines and avoiding procrastination. With Todoist, you can set up daily and weekly goals and see your progress. You get a visual image of your productivity. Activity history lets you know what you’ve done over the last week or more. The Todoist Karma feature gamifies your goals, giving you points for completing tasks.
Templates For Almost Any Type of Task
One of the most useful features of Todist is the many templates that can be used for a wide variety of purposes and projects. Templates let you customize Todoist for the particular type of task you’re working on at any given time. The following are just a few templates you can choose from.
- Employee Onboarding — Provide new employees with essential information to help them get started and feel comfortable.
- Meeting Agenda — Organize meetings and make them shorter and more focused. Add agenda tasks, share with team members, add time limits for each agenda item.
- Design Sprint — Inspired by the book Sprint, you are guided to solve a problem and test the solution within five days.
- GTD Weekly Review — GTD stands for “getting things done,” created by author David Allen. This is a general template for staying on point with your weekly tasks.
- Project Tracker – Provides a central place to organize larger projects, divide them into phases, set priorities, and link to relevant files.
- Accounting Tasks — Helps you manage all the accounting-related data you deal with throughout the year. Track expenses and invoices. This can help you stay on top of your finances and have relevant information right in front of you.
- Campaign Tracker — Track your ad campaigns, add links and files on results. Move tasks from upcoming to live to completed campaigns.
- Client Management — It’s essential to know as much about clients as possible. This template lets you collect all relevant information as well as track your communications, such as phone calls and emails with them.
- Deep Work — This template, based on the book by Cal Newport, allows you to block out distractions and focus solely on the task at hand.
- Help Center Article —Quickly create articles for your support center.
- Content Pipeline — This template helps you manage your blog and other content. Manage your content ideas, publishing schedule, and track your progress from the first draft to the published post.
Resources For Teams
The Todoist Business plan is used by many major companies and over 100,000 teams. It provides useful features for staying connected and organized, whether your team is in the office or remote.
- Sync files and projects across 10 platforms, so team members can communicate easily.
- Share tasks and files, assign responsibility, set timelines. Share files from Dropbox, Google Drive, computers, and more.
- Set filters and priority levels. Divide larger tasks into sub-tasks and sections to make them more manageable.
- Get a complete picture of what your team or teams are working on, including completed tasks, current projects, and upcoming work.
- Share comments and feedback with your team.
- High-level security. Todoist uses bank-level security to keep your data confidential.
- Automatic backups and 24/7 data syncs.
You can connect Todoist to many popular applications, including communications platforms, voice assistants, time tracking apps, and more. The following are just some of the apps you can connect with Todoist.
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Calendar
- Time Doctor
- Alexa voice assistants
These and many other integrations allow you to get more out of the applications you already use and turn messages and information into actionable goals.
You can sign up for a free account and access many features. Todoist also offers two paid plans. Let’s look at what you get with each plan.
- Free: Includes 5 active projects, up to 5 collaborators per project, 3 filters, 5 MB file uploads, 1 week activity history.
- Pro: $3/month billed annually, $4/month billed monthly. 300 projects, 25 collaborators per project, 150 filters, 100 MB file uploads, reminders, unlimited activity history, themes, auto backups.
- Business: $5/month billed annually, $6/month billed monthly. 500 projects, 50 collaborators per project, team inbox, team billing, priority support, admin & member roles.
There are 30-day free trials for the paid plans.
Todoist Promo Codes
Sign up for the free plan, and within three weeks, you will receive a unique promo code to your email to redeem for 2 free months of the Pro plan.
Who Can Benefit From Todoist?
Almost anyone who has tasks to complete can gain something from Todoist. It can be used for the office, household errands, creative projects, and any situation where scheduling, delegating, and goal-setting come into play. Employees, agencies, managers, small business owners, freelancers, and others can always improve their performance by better organizing their schedules.
Todoist Pros and Cons
- Wide range of productivity features for individuals and teams.
- Easy to use.
- Integration with voice assistants is very useful if you use Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant.
- Very affordable, with a free plan that will serve many users’ needs and the costliest paid plan at $6/month, it can easily pay for itself by helping you boost your productivity.
One drawback that bothers some users is that it doesn’t have time-tracking capability. While it can send reminders and help you set deadlines, it doesn’t track time like some apps. However, it does integrate with time-tracking apps such as TimeCamp and others. The many integrations are useful for filling in the gaps for any features Todoist lacks.
Value and Recommendation
Todoist is justifiably one of the world’s most widely used productivity apps. What I like best about Todoist is the way it can be tailored to almost any need. The large selection of templates lets you choose the ideal mode for any situation. I would recommend using the free version and taking advantage of the promo for the paid plans to see if Todoist is right for you.