An Overview of Beamer
Beamer provides a variety of tools to help you inform and stay in touch with users. You can create a flexible, customizable newsfeed and notification center for your website or app that lets you communicate with users and provide them with the latest updates.
- Changelog page. You can create a public changelog page on a custom domain where you feature your latest news, updates, product changes, upcoming events, or anything else you want to highlight.
- Send push notifications to users who opt-in. You can send updates to people even when they aren’t logged into your site. Push notifications get 3x as many clicks as email.
- Pinned posts. You can feature certain posts at the top of your feed by pinning them.
- Post scheduling. Schedule your posts for specific dates and times. Send announcements so that users can respond to time-sensitive information.
- Not all of your users are the same. Segmentation lets you target messages based on interests, industry, past buying behavior, and other factors. By sending targeted announcements, you get better engagement. Segmented notifications are only available for the Pro and Enterprise plans.
- Use visuals for more engagement. Research shows that visual content gets as much as 10x more engagement than text alone. With Beamer, it’s easy to provide images, videos, and gifs.
- Advanced analytics. Track the performance of your notifications with analytics such as views, clicks, unique views, and location of users. Find out what type of content gives you the best results so you can tweak your approach for better results.
- Customized designs. You can change the look of your notification center, so it fits with the style of your website or app. Features such as colors and icons can be altered to your preferences.
- Create a custom CTA. Choose where to send people who respond to your notifications. You can send traffic to your product pages, videos, blog posts, or anywhere else.
- Get feedback. User feedback helps you understand your audience’s needs and preferences. You can get instant feedback in the form of comments or smiley face ratings. One new Beamer feature is NPS (Net Promoter Score), a useful way to quantify user satisfaction on a scale between -100 and +100, with anything above 0 being positive.
- You can integrate Beamer with many popular apps and social media pages, including Zapier, Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, Buffer, LinkedIn, and hundreds of others. For example, you can arrange to automatically create a Beamer post from your latest social media posts or email campaigns.
How to Install Beamer
Installation depends on what kind of website you have. For basic installation on a dedicated website, you simply copy and paste the code. WordPress users can install it with a plugin. This is a simple process that you can do in a few clicks. You can also install Beamer if you use Squarespace, Simvoly, or Zapier. If you have any difficulty, Beamer provides support to help with installation.
Costs and Plans for Beamer
Beamer offers several plans. You can save on the premium plans by paying annually and receiving two months for free.
- Free: The free plan lets you create timely posts so people can follow your newsfeed. You don’t have features such as notifications, analytics, or customization. There’s also a watermark with Beamer’s logo.
- Startup: $49/month. Customization for your feed, basic analytics, post scheduling, custom categories.
- Pro: $99/month. In addition to Startup features, you get push notifications, a custom domain for your updates page, segmented notifications, feedback & reactions, customizable CSS, and the ability to sync across devices.
- Enterprise: $249/month. In addition to Pro features, you get custom scripting, assisted installation, and a personal account executive.
The free plan is mainly useful for getting familiar with Beamer. The Startup and Pro annual plans are discounted (giving two months for free) and are appropriate for most small and mid-sized businesses while Enterprise is for larger organizations that need more customization options.
You can get 20% off the first 3 months of Beamer using coupon code beamer20x3 or coupon code beam20off.
Advantages of Beamer For Building Engagement
It’s getting ever more challenging for businesses to connect with customers. Email response rates are continually dropping. Paid advertising is getting more expensive and competitive. Beamer gives you an effective and flexible way to capture your audience’s attention.
- Feature your latest content. When you create a new article, blog post, video, or podcast, you can let everyone know. You can publicize upcoming events, whether they’re in-person events or webinars.
- If your business operates on the SaaS model, you can use Beamer to inform customers about your latest products and updates. When you’re providing services, your business relies on innovation, so it helps to be able to let everyone know about your most recent updates quickly. Notifications can also help you hold onto users who might drift away and forget to use your services.
- Feature products for your e-commerce site. When you’re selling physical products, visuals are extremely important. Beamer lets you show customers images, videos, and photos that give them a close look at your products. You can also feature your latest sales and specials.
- Improve click-throughs, engagement, and sales. Better engagement can help you get more leads and sales. You can feature your latest offers in your feed and send notifications that link to your product pages.
- Reduce bounce rates. By giving website visitors a quick and easy way to find out what your site is all about, you can prevent them from leaving. You only have a few seconds to capture people’s attention. Most visitors don’t want to spend a long time browsing a site. Beamer lets them get an instant summary of your site’s most compelling content.
- Improve your products based on feedback. The polling and NPS capabilities available with Pro and Enterprise plans can help you gauge satisfaction and develop products and services that meet your customers’ needs. You can also share important data with your team. All paid plans allow you to share information with unlimited team members.
- Prevent shopping cart abandonment. If you have an e-commerce site, you probably know that many customers add items to shopping carts and forget about them. Sending notifications to remind them can help you reduce this problem.
As attention spans shorten and competition in areas such as social media, paid advertising, and email marketing gets ever more fierce, it’s important to find new ways to capture your audience’s attention. Beamer has features that let you put your most timely content right in front of them every time they visit your website.
This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t also use email and other methods. Beamer actually supports your other marketing channels and can be part of an omnichannel strategy.
Getting the Most Out of Beamer
Beamer offers many tools and features to help you connect with customers. To get the best possible results from it, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Sign up for the free plan if you want to get an idea of how the system works before making an investment.
- Before signing up, study the different plans. Some of the advanced features, such as feedback and segmented notifications, are only available with the Pro and Enterprise plans.
- Use Beamer along with a strategic content strategy. To feature your best and most relevant content, you need to be publishing such content regularly.
- Promote your Beamer feed on social media and other channels and vice versa.
- Pay attention to analytics. The data you collect helps you create more relevant content and improve your results over time.
Is Beamer a Good Value For Your Business?
Beamer is a tool that any business can use to increase engagement and develop closer relationships with website visitors and customers. It includes, but goes beyond simple notifications, giving you the ability to generate feedback, segment your notifications, and customize your design. Since Beamer can work on any website and integrates with many other apps, it can be a valuable addition to your overall marketing strategy. Anyone interested in finding out more about Beamer can sign up for a free account and have access to the basic features.