December 2022 Scrivener Discounts
[These discounts may expire at any time and without prior notice. If they are active today, use them!]
For the Windows version, click here and use the Scrivener coupon code WORDSWITHJAM (20% off).
For the Mac version, click here and use the same Scrivener coupon code WORDSWITHJAM, giving a 20% discount.
Look out for the ‘Add Coupon’ option when going through the checkout process.
Want to learn Scrivener fast? Get the help of an elite Scrivener instructor David, with 50% off all his Scrivener courses using the coupon code ARYEB50.
If you’re looking at the Scrivener Education License, keep in mind that additional coupons don’t apply to these discounted licenses. In fact, you’d be better off getting the regular license and using the coupons listed above.
Scrivener for iOS is available here (priced at $23.99).
A 50% Scrivener discount is available for all NaNoWriMo winners. If you completed the challenge of writing a 50,000 words novel, you are a winner, and you will find your Scrivener discount code on NaNoWriMo’s Winner Goodies page.
All Scrivener costs are a one-time fee, as opposed to other writing tools that charge recurring monthly and annual fees.
Scrivener: Leading Features and Benefits
Scrivener Can Replace Word
If you’re a writer, you must compose your manuscript using some software -that is, unless you prefer an anachronistic tool such as a pen or manual typewriter. Most writers rely on a word processing program, in most cases Word, either for Windows or Mac. Word is comprehensive and useful software, but it’s not made specifically for writers. The same is true for any other word-processing program you might be using. Scrivener, on the other hand, is created exclusively for writers. So, when you sit down to do your writing, you can click on Scrivener rather than Word.
Helps You Focus and Meet Your Goals
One of the biggest challenges facing writers is to stay on track and achieve daily goals. Scrivener has several features that help you do just that. You can set targets for words or characters for each writing session and view how far you are from your objective. You can set Project Targets for both individual sessions and the entire project. For example, if you’re writing a 100,000-word novel and aim to write at least 1,000 words per session, you can always check to see what you’ve accomplished so far.
Scrivener also gives you a way to block out distractions. If you’re like many people, you’re constantly tempted by social media, email, and the latest headlines streaming across the web. When you want to focus solely on your writing project, you enter the Full-Screen mode (for Windows) or Composition mode (for Mac). You’ll only be able to see your writing screen in this mode. You can also edit the background and images to whatever helps you concentrate best.
Templates for Different Types of Writing
Scrivener makes it simple to write in different styles and formats. This includes templates for composing term papers, dissertations, and essays in academic styles such as MLA, APA, and Chicago. There are even tools to help you include scientific or mathematical data in your work if you’re writing on scientific or technical topics.
You can also use Scrivener for scriptwriting. You can format your script as well as compose treatments for your screenplays. The software is also compatible with script writing programs such as Final Draft.
Research and Organization
If you’re writing a novel or other long document, you probably have lots of notes, ideas, and research connected with your project. Keeping track of everything can be difficult. Having to find a certain note, link, or image can really slow you down and halt your momentum. Scrivener lets you import files, links, and documents so that you have everything at your fingertips. This is especially useful if you write on multiple devices. This way, everything you need will be in one place whenever you want to write.
Tools for Storyboarding
Storyboarding is a technique many writers use to organize the chapters or scenes in their book (or script). The traditional, pre-internet way to do this was to write out scenes on index cards. That way, you can look at individual scenes and decide which order to put them in.
Doing this on a conventional word processing program isn’t too easy. If, for example, you write a new document for each scene on Word, you’d have to open up each document separately to see them. However, Scrivener has a tool called The Corkboard, which lets you view multiple documents as index cards. This lets you get an overview of your book, giving you ideas on what to add, delete, or rearrange.
Outlining is an important function in writing, whether you’re composing a novel, nonfiction book, term paper, or screenplay. Scrivener’s Outliner lets you organize your text in a way that’s most convenient for you. You’re able to create folders for as many levels as you need.
For example, your book may be organized with folders for Sections, Chapters, Scenes, and Actions. When you want to go back and rewrite, edit or expand something, you click on the appropriate folder and make the changes. Learning how to use the Outliner may take a little practice, but it’s a tool that can help you organize your writing.
Formatting for Self-Publishing
Many writers today self-publish on Kindle or other online platforms. If you compose your book using Scrivener, you don’t have to worry about getting the formatting right. You can export your document to formats such as MOBI or EPUB for Amazon. You can also export it into other formats, including PDF, TXT, RTF, and DOC. This makes it convenient if you want to publish your book in multiple formats.
Pricing and Versions
Scrivener comes in both Mac and PC versions. The Mac version is compatible with Apple operating systems 10.12 (AKA Sierra) or later.
There’s also a recently added iOS version, so you can use Scrivener on your iPhone or iPad. The PC version is compatible with all popular Windows platforms, including Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
Scrivener’s current price is $59.99 for the Windows version and $59.99 for the Mac version. This is a one-off payment, as opposed to other writing tools that charge recurring monthly fees. There’s also a 30-day free trial for both versions.
The Scrivener discount coupon codes below are currently available for new users.
Scrivener Coupon Codes & Discounts
For the Scrivener Windows version, click here and use one of Scrivener’s coupon codes FREEDOM or the Scrivener coupon code WORDSWITHJAM [Get you complimentary Windows version dashboard shortcuts, document shortcuts, and formatting & editing shortcuts, courtesy of David Lee Martin of Scrivener Unleashed]
For the Scrivener Mac version, click here and use Scrivener coupon code WORDSWITHJAM or FREEDOM [Get you complimentary Mac version dashboard shortcuts, document shortcuts, and formatting & editing shortcuts, courtesy of David Lee Martin of Scrivener Unleashed]
There aren’t any Scrivener coupon codes applicable to the Scrivener Mac/Windows bundle (priced at $95.98), which represents a 20% discount for buying both at the same time.
There are no additional Scrivener discounts on the educational licenses either, as their coupons are applied automatically.
Scrivener 3 Release
Scrivener 3 has been released for both Mac OS and Windows. Overall, this update simplifies many existing features and adds some new capabilities. Here are some of the highlights:
- A more user-friendly and modern interface. Even fans of Scrivener have complained about the steep learning curve and less than an intuitive interface. The new version is vastly improved in these areas.
- Styles – A simpler system for formatting your document. You may want, for example, different font sizes, headings, block text, or titles in different areas. This is similar to the Styles feature you’ll find in word processing programs such as Word.
- Quick Search – This lets you quickly find any document.
- Enhanced Self-publishing – Epub 3 compatible and easier to export to Kindle.
- Storyboarding Upgrade – Index cards, as noted, were already a useful tool for organizing your writing. Now you can view index cards on colored threads, making it easier to highlight and differentiate your scenes, storylines, chapters, etc.
- Dialog Focus – This is a powerful feature for fiction writers who can focus on all the dialog in their manuscripts.
- Bookmarks – This feature replaces the old Project Notes, References, and Favorites and makes it easier to view documents that you use frequently. You can bookmark not only documents within Scrivener but anywhere on your computer or the internet.
- MultiMarkdown Export – There are now expanded capabilities for exporting your documents into different formats. MultiMarkdown (MMD) allows you to convert into almost any word processing format.
- Simplified and Enhanced Compile – When working on longer documents, compiling is an important function. This lets you change the order and put together different sections, chapters, paragraphs, or scenes. The old Compile feature was powerful, but many users found it difficult to use. In Scrivener 3, it’s been simplified and made more flexible, with the window divided into three easy-to-see sections.
- Metadata – The new metadata features help you track and categorize your documents. You can now add checkboxes, lists, and dates so you can remember important aspects of your work. You can, for example, create checkboxes such as “needs images” or “complete,” or “add footnotes.” This metadata can be brought up in Outliner or Compiler.
- Writing Statistics – This lets you keep track of how much writing you do every day. This is another useful tool for setting goals and tracking your progress.
These are some of the most notable upgrades and changes that come with Scrivener 3. If you purchased Scrivener after November 20, 2017, you can upgrade for free. If you have an older version of Scrivener, you can upgrade for a 49% discount by following the instruction on this page. New users can purchase Scrivener for a one-time fee of $59.99.
Pros and Cons of Scrivener
Here are the main pros and cons.
- Helps you with organizational tasks such as outlining and research.
- More writer-friendly than Word or other word-processing software.
- Helps you focus on your writing and avoid distractions.
- Useful for writing in many formats and styles, such as fiction, nonfiction, academic papers, and scripts.
- Integrates with ProWritingAid for grammar-checking and manuscript editing.
- There’s a learning curve. Because it has so many features, it takes a little time to learn how to get the most out of Scrivener.
- Requires a small investment. If you already use a tool such as Word, you may be reluctant to spend money on software for writing.
Who Can Benefit From Scrivener?
If you do any significant amount of writing for your profession, Scrivener is worthy of serious consideration. Students, novelists, writers of nonfiction, bloggers, content marketers, and screenwriters are just a few of the people whose lives can be made easier with Scrivener. If you fall into any of these categories, it’s a solid investment that can make you a better and faster writer. The cost, which is a one-time fee of less than $60, is not very high in the long run if you use the software every day, as many people do.
Learn Scrivener Fast With Scrivener Unleashed
Some people hesitate to buy Scrivener because they worry it will take too long to learn. They don’t want to have yet another piece of software on their hard drive that remains unused. While Scrivener is a fairly intuitive and user-friendly software, it contains many features, which means there’s a certain learning curve involved with the process. Someone has come up with a solution to this –the Scrivener Unleashed course.
David Lee Martin specializes in helping writers learn all about Scrivener so that they can get the most out of it. Even people who have been using the software for years find the course helpful, as it provides a fast and efficient way to master all of the features. For a complete Scrivener Unleashed review, click here. Some of the points covered in the course include:
- Mastering the Corkboard -This allows you to organize your material in the most efficient way possible.
- Navigating the Scrivener window, so you know where everything is.
- Using the Outliner to help you stay on top of large projects.
- How the Binder gives you visual access to all of your writing.
- Setting up Scrivener in one hour, either on Mac or Windows.
Pricing For Scrivener Unleashed
The course has two different versions, one for Mac and one for Windows users. Buying the bundle will give you access to both courses’ material and the Scrivener for iOS course as a bonus, all for $149. The price for each individual course, which includes 200+ video lectures, is currently $99 (or $69 for iOS only).
At the moment, the Scrivener Unleashed tutorials are available for 50% off. Get the discount by entering coupon code ARYEB50 on the checkout page. For the full Scrivener Unleashed review, click here.
All versions of the course come with several bonuses, including inspirational background images, Done-For-You templates, and a list of tools and resources that will help make you more creative and productive. Scrivener Unleashed is a polished and comprehensive course that allows you to gain the maximum benefits from Scrivener, the world’s leading software application for writers. You can contact us via our contact form or at info[at]impromocoder.com and ask for our exclusive Scrivener Unleashed discount promotion.