Create Videos With AI
Lumen5 uses AI to create customized videos quickly. The system automatically calculates the ideal settings, giving you optimized videos without you having to manually set everything up.
- Scene length is calculated by how much text is included in each segment.
- Highlight keywords to emphasize important concepts.
- Text positioning is optimized based on the media files you upload.
Turn Text Into Video
The ability to turn any text into a video is one of Lumen5’s most powerful features. Written content is ideal for creating explainer videos or educating your audience on any topic. Being able to turn a blog post or article into a video quickly gives you access to lots of content.
Wide Choice of Templates
One of the most significant advantages of using Lumen5, as opposed to creating your videos from scratch, is that you can start with a template relevant to your brand or business. There’s a large selection of templates on topics such as:
- Real Estate
- Health & Fitness
- Animals & Pets
- Holidays and Seasons
There are many other categories as well, including templates explicitly made for YouTube and Instagram Stories. Choosing a relevant template gets your video off to a strong start before you even do any work on it.
Searchable Media Library
Lumen5’s media library provides you with ample content to create quality videos on any topic. You can find music and other audio files, video clips, and still images to make your videos more engaging and professional. You can, for example, turn a blog post into a video and then add music and video clips to make it more interesting. Of course, you can also include your own video clips and images.
Depending on the membership you choose, Lumen5 lets you add elements to build your brand. This way, you can start with one of the clips from the media library or perhaps even PLR content, and brand it as your own. You can either use fonts and colors supplied by Lumen5 or import your own. You can upload your logo and display it as a watermark at any place (or throughout) your videos.
Choice of Video Formats
There are many choices for choosing the format and style of your videos. You can use 480p, 720p, or 1080p resolution (access depends on the plan you subscribe to). You can control the aspect ratio to make videos fit the style of different platforms. For example, a 9:16 ratio is ideal for Instagram. Create Letterbox style videos, which are quite popular on social media.
Training and Support
Lumen5 provides support for all plans. There’s chat support as well as a help center. You can also join the Facebook group with over 7,000 members, where you can ask questions and interact with other members. If you start using Lumen5, you’ll probably find that you learn a lot about videos and video marketing just by experimenting with the features.
The website has quite a few learning resources to help you get up to speed quickly. You’ll find tutorials on topics such as Stories, animation, GIFs, resizing videos for different platforms, and more. You can check out Lumen5’s YouTube tutorials as well. This type of information is valuable for anyone who makes videos, whether you use Lumen5 or any tools or platforms.
Lumen5 Plans and Pricing, Discounts
You can sign up with Lumen5 for free and start making videos right away. There are also several paid plans to choose from. Here are some of the main features you get with each plan.
- Free: Access the Standard Media Library, more than 3,000 music tracks, make five videos per month. You have unlimited access to free features (i.e., it’s not a limited-time trial)
- Creator: $15/month or $132/billed annually – 10 videos per month. Create videos in 720p resolution. Access to over 15 million photos and videos from the media library. No Lumen5 branding.
- Premium: $79/month or $708 billed annually – All Starter features. 15 videos per month. Create videos in 1080p resolution. Wide choice of colors and fonts. Unlimited access to 2 million Shutterstock and Getty images and videos.
- Business: $199/month or $1788 billed annually – All Premium features. 20 videos per month. Ability to upload custom fonts, music, and outro. 300 assets from the marketplace per year. Access to 160 million marketplace photos and videos.
- Enterprise: Features and price customized to your needs. Includes a dedicated account manager, custom photos and videos, and support for multiple users.
The main differences between plans come down to how many videos per month you can create and the type of images you can access. Premium, Business, and Enterprise plans give you access to more images and videos and also higher-quality ones.
The free and Starter plans provide images from the standard media library, which are perfectly fine to create professional-looking marketing videos. Shutterstock and Getty images, however, tend to be more polished and cover a wider variety of scenes and people. The Marketplace has more specialized images/video content made exclusively for Lumen5 Business and Enterprise clients.
Lumen5 Annual plans give you up to 35% off the regular monthly plans. We will update here as soon as any new Lumen5 discounts are available. Please contact us if you don’t find anything here.
Ways to Use Lumen5
With Lumen5, you can easily create videos for just about any purpose. You start with a relevant template and add content -either your own, images, or video clips from Lumen5, or a combination. Here are some ways you can use Lumen5.
- Turn your existing written content into videos. Many marketers have a great deal of written content, but few, if any, videos. If you have a blog, you already have lots of content that you can turn into videos with Lumen5. This is a way to repurpose existing content with little effort.
- Acquire private label rights content as the basis for videos. Private label rights (PLR) articles can be bought inexpensively on any topic, and you have the right to use them as-is or make any edits you want. Using PLR articles on your blog is questionable, as the same content is probably on many other blogs. But, with Lumen5, you can turn such articles into unique video content by adding images, music, and effects.
- Make your simple videos where you talk into the camera (or interview others) more sophisticated and professional using Lumen5’s templates, images, music, and video clips. Adding engaging touches makes any video more exciting and increases your brand’s credibility.
- Boost your social media marketing. Video content is the most powerful way to get more engagement on social media, especially Facebook and Instagram. Lumen5 can help you create videos quickly for Stories and other social media videos.
Lumen5: Pros & Cons and Recommendation
- Easy to use.
- Lots of templates and customizations.
- Lets you repurpose text into videos.
- It offers a free plan.
- Lacks a voiceover feature, which some video marketers would appreciate.
- Text-to-video capability requires a strategy and possibly some editing on your part. This isn’t really a flaw of Lumen5 but a reminder that you have to be sure the text you’re using is ready to make into a video. An old blog post, for example, may need a little updating.
- No free trial for the premium plans.
Overall, Lumen5 is one of the best video-creation applications available anywhere. Video is clearly the wave of the future when it comes to engaging audiences. Whether you’re explaining products, building brand visibility, interviewing experts, or entertaining your followers on social media, you need a way to create high-quality videos quickly.
Many businesses struggle with video marketing because they lack the expertise, time, or budget to compete with large brands. Creating videos on your own can be time-consuming. Outsourcing gets expensive, especially if you want quality, branded videos. With Lumen5, you have a tool that makes it possible to create stunning videos quickly without costly equipment or technical skills. The features all work in a user-friendly point-and-click manner.
If you want to get an idea of how Lumen5 works, the best thing to do is sign up and try the free plan. While this won’t give you access to all of the images and videos you get with paid plans, you can still try out the features and make a few videos.