The Advantages of Facebook Messenger Marketing
ManyChat is a service that allows anyone to easily create chatbots for connecting with customers and followers on Facebook. There are quite a few benefits to connect with people using this type of chatbot.
- More than 1 billion people use Messenger, giving you a huge potential audience.
- Messenger is one of the best ways to reach today’s audiences. While response rates for email and traditional ads are going down, Messenger boasts 80% open rates and 25% CTR.
- A chatbot lets you automate your Facebook marketing. Users can have FAQ answered, as they’re guided to the optimal products.
- Lets you collect valuable information on potential customers, helping you to determine if someone is a good match for your business.
- Chatbots can be used for customer service, answering many common questions, and saving time for your customer support staff.
Messenger represents a massive opportunity for businesses. Without the right tools, however, it’s challenging to use Messenger for marketing. If you attempt to connect with customers manually, you’ll either be busy all day long or having to hire staff to manage messages. ManyChat offers an economical way to handle many conversations on Messenger. Now let’s look at some of the features you’ll find on this unique service.
Many Choices of Templates
While ManyChat is not affiliated with Facebook, it offers straightforward integration. Once you sign up with ManyChat, you simply have them verify your Facebook page, and you’re quickly connected. The service also works if you operate multiple Facebook pages and want to create a separate bot for each. ManyChat has a wide selection of templates so you can set up automated messages for many different purposes. Examples include:
- About Us -Provide basic information about your business such as what you do, where you’re located, and how to reach you.
- Collect contact Info -Customers can provide you with their Messenger, email, or phone number.
- Sell Products – You can help customers through the entire sales process on Messenger. Help them browse and identify products and guide them through checkout.
- Coupons -Send customers coupons and promo codes to increase sales.
- Book Appointments -for businesses that book appointments or make reservations such as restaurants, spas, and medical services. Customers can easily schedule an appointment without leaving Messenger.
- Remarketing – Send a reminder to customers who have left items in their shopping cart. You can integrate ManyChat with your Shopify store.
These and other types of messages can help you get more leads and sales by engaging with customers right inside Messenger.
Use the Basic Builder or Flow Builder
ManyChat offers two modes for creating chatbots.
- Basic Builder – This simple interface provides a good way to get started with ManyChat. You create a message choosing various elements, such as steps users have to take, and the appearance of the message.
- Flow Builder -A more advanced, visual interface (for Pro users) that gives you more options to customize your bots. The Flow Builder is set up like a flow chart, allowing you to add and edit elements for your bot. It offers more complex options such as a Randomizer, which lets you test two options to see which one performs better.
ManyChat can be integrated with many popular applications.
- Shopify -Connecting with customers on Messenger can be a very effective strategy for e-commerce sites. Reduce cart abandonment by sending customers reminders.
- Zapier -Integration with Zapier lets you automate many tasks.
- AWeber -Collect data in ManyChat and send it directly to AWeber.
- PayPal -Accept PayPal payments right inside Messenger.
- HubSpot -Export data to HubSpot forms.
These are just a few of the integrations that are possible with ManyChat.
Use ManyChat With an Omnichannel Strategy
Combine messaging with other Facebook strategies. ManyChat shouldn’t be seen as a standalone strategy. Instead, it’s something you integrate into your broader social media campaigns. For example, Facebook ads can help you connect with a wider audience quickly.
Facebook also offers Messenger ads, which can work well with ManyChat as you can engage with people who are curious about your ads. Organic Facebook content, including posts, Stories, and live streaming is also powerful to increase your following. You can also use ManyChat to raise awareness for your other marketing channels and platforms such as your website, video channel, podcasts, and other social media pages.
Combine Messenger, SMS and Email Marketing
ManyChat focuses mainly on Messenger, and for good reasons. Social media chat is one of the most popular and fastest-growing forms of communication. Engagement is significantly higher on Messenger than it is for email. This doesn’t mean, however, that you should only market on Messenger. ManyChat also has features that make it easier to connect with people via SMS and email. You can now send messages via Messenger, SMS, or email within the Flow Builder dashboard.
This approach helps you implement an omnichannel approach to your marketing. You can message people using each format at different times or based on their preferences. SMS or text messages are useful when you need to convey time-sensitive information. Email is great for more detailed messages, recurring messages such as a newsletter, or when you want to send images. Messenger, of course, is a powerful all-round communication tool. If someone stops using a certain channel, you can still have other ways to reach them.
Why SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing can be integrated into your ManyChat campaigns as long as you have a pro account. Like Messenger, SMS marketing boasts high open rates compared to email. One thing to keep in mind with SMS marketing is that you need permission to send people text messages. Just about everyone knows that spam laws restrict email marketing, and you need permission to get people on your list. The same is true for text messaging. Getting permission to send texts, however, isn’t hard.
Acquiring mobile phone numbers is similar to collecting email addresses. You offer customers a reason to provide their information. Restaurants, for example, can send messages on daily specials. Stores can send coupons via text. Appointment-based businesses can offer to send reminders to customers about their reservations or appointments.
Plans and Pricing
ManyChat offers both a Free and Pro plan.
- Free: Includes unlimited subscribers, basic templates, two drip sequences, audience segmentation (10 tags), Visual Flow Builder, landing pages, widgets, Rich Media Conversations.
- Pro: Starts at $10/month for 500 subscribers. In addition to free features, includes Advanced Quick Start Templates, unlimited audience segmentation, A/B testing, 50 free SMS, collect subscriber data, sponsored messages, advanced automation, unlimited drip sequences, buy buttons, email marketing.
The Pro plan billing is based on the number of subscribers. You’d pay $15/month for 1,000 subscribers, $25/month for 2.5K subscribers, $45/month for 5K, $65/month for 10K, and so on. The cost for additional subscribers goes down the more subscribers you have. You can scale up as your business grows. A convenient feature of the Pro plan is that you don’t have to worry about upgrading. ManyChat automatically bills you based on how many subscribers you have.
Once you join ManyChat, for marketing ideas and ispiration, you can join the ManyChat community on Facebook, which has more than 82,000 users onboard.
ManyChat Discounts: There are currently no real public ManyChat discounts available. Contact us for a custom ManyChat discount offer.
Who Can Benefit From ManyChat
Because so many people use messenger, there are countless ways to leverage ManyChat to promote your business. Since you can also integrate Messenger with SMS and email, the applications are even broader. Here are some examples of businesses that can benefit from this approach:
- E-commerce sites
- Digital service providers (e.g., SEO, web design)
- Retail stores
- Service-based businesses (e.g., contracting, landscaping, plumbing, etc.)
- Real estate agents
Since Messenger users represent so many demographics, just about any business can use a chatbot to connect with prospects.
ManyChat: Pros and Cons and Recommendation
Here are some of the major pros and cons of ManyChat:
- It provides ample resources to get started with Messenger marketing.
- Flexible pricing. You can try it out for free. The Pro plan only bills you for the subscribers you have each month. If your business fluctuates, you never pay for more subscribers that you have at any given moment.
- A/B testing for the Pro plan helps you refine your chatbots for better results.
- There’s a bit of a learning curve for this type of marketing. While ManyChat offers many training and educational resources, it will take you some time to get familiar with all the features.
There are some compelling reasons to include Messenger as part of your marketing strategy. ManyChat is a powerful tool for anyone who wants to get started with Messenger marketing or who wants to automate and scale up in this area. If you’re curious about ManyChat, it’s easy to get started with the free plan. While the features are limited, it still gives you a chance to start building chatbots and engaging with customers on Messenger.