ProveSource, like Proof, is a service that provides instant social proof for your website. To start using it, you only have to install a snippet to your website. You can also use one of their native apps for Magento, WooCommerce, or Shopify. Some of the features offered by ProveSource include:
- Create notifications. You can set up notifications in several easy steps. These can be customized for color, images, timing, and display rules.
- Hot Streaks notification. This shows the total number of people who have opted-in or bought something on your site (Proof also offers this).
- Track and monitor. ProveSource provides detailed analytics such as impressions, leads, clicks, engagement, and more. You can also connect it with Google Analytics.
- More than 100 integrations. You can use ProveSource with many other applications.
- ProveSource supports localization and languages, including Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic, Hindi, and many others.
Plans and Pricing
ProveSource has three plans, including a free trial plan.
- Free: Supports up to 1,000 monthly visitors. One active notification, unlimited impressions.
- Starter: $19/month. 10,000 unique monthly visitors. Unlimited notification, impressions.
- Growth: $49/month. 50,000 visitors/month. Includes custom branding.
- Premium: $99/month. 200,000 visitors/month.
ProveSource discount: Contact us to receive 50% off the first month of Provesource.
ProveSource vs. Proof
ProveSource serves the same essential function as Proof. Both are good for providing visitors with instant social proof. ProveSource, however, has a few additional capabilities not found on Proof:
- Page visit notifications.
- Fully localized notifications. Shows exactly where visitors are logging on from.
- Native app for Shopify.
- Product purchase notification. Proof only shows you when visitors are viewing your pages, not when they actually make a purchase.
In these respects, ProveSource has some valuable extra features. When it comes to pricing, there are also some differences. Proof has a more complex pricing structure that’s pro-rated depending on the number of visitors you have from 0-1K, all the way up to 300K+.
ProveSource, like Proof, charges you based on the number of visitors, but they have fewer plans. They are also cheaper overall. For one thing, there’s no free plan on Proof. If you have under 1K visitors, you can use ProveSource for free (though you do have their branding on the site). For 10K visitors, you’d pay $79/month for Proof and only $19/month with ProveSource. For 50K visitors, you’d pay $129/month on Proof and $79/month on ProveSource.
Both Proof and ProveSource are quite useful for increasing social proof and conversions. However, ProveSource has several key advantages over Proof. You pay less and get some additional beneficial features. You can find more info on Provesource vs. Proof comparison here.
Provely is another social proof alternative that’s worth considering. Provely boasts that it can improve conversions by 250%. Actually, all of the services we’re examining here have the potential to boost conversions.
One difference with Provely is that it gives you a choice of three campaign types:
- Live. This mode lets you display lead or sales notifications in real-time. This is what you normally think of as the best kind of social proof. It works best for high volume sites, though. For newer sites with less traffic, live notifications may not be very impressive. That’s why Provely provides alternatives.
- Rotate. This option lets you rotate lead and sale notifications. This is a good option for smaller and medium-sized sites. Even if you don’t have a huge number of visitors, you can display them on your site.
- Past Data. This is for smaller sites that may not get daily signups. You can display historical data.
Aside from offering three campaign types, Provely has some other appealing features:
- 2-minute setup. You simply create the design you want and embed it on your website.
- Widget customization. You can give your notifications any appearance you want. There’s an extensive library of templates from which to choose and you can alter colors.
- You can customize notifications by location to focus on a particular country or region.
- Decide how often you want visitors to see notifications.
Provely discount: None at the moment.
Pricing for Provely
Provely offers three plans, for which you can pay monthly or annually.
- Basic: $17/month or $97/year. For one domain.
- Pro: $27/month or $147/year. For five domains.
- Ultimate: $37/month or $197/year. Unlimited domains.
Provely’s plans are structured a little differently than those of Proof or ProveSource. Plans are billed strictly based on how many domains you’re using. Each plan includes all features and unlimited visitors.
Provely vs. Proof
Provely has some advantages over Proof, though this depends on your needs. The choice of three campaigns lets you create the format that’s best for your site. The pricing is convenient in that all plans include unlimited visitors. Both Proof and ProveSource let you use their software on unlimited domains but do limit visitors. If you have a small site, this may not make much of a difference to you. If you have a single high traffic site, though, Provely provides excellent value compared to its competitors.
In internet jargon, FOMO means “fear of missing out.” Fomo the business is based on this very principle. Social proof depends mostly on people’s desire not to miss an opportunity that others are seizing.
Fomo’s Many Customizations
Like Proof, ProveSource, and Provely, Fomo helps you build social proof by displaying notifications on your website. What sets Fomo apart is the extent to which you can customize notifications. With its patent-pending architecture, Fomo gives you quite a bit of leeway for setting up notifications.
- Alter wording any way you want.
- Place notifications anywhere on the page.
- Choose display time.
- Theme builder. Use premade themes or custom-design your own.
Fomo also has several other helpful features:
- Active visitors counter.
- Roundups. This feature lets you group the actions of different visitors within a selected time frame. For example, three separate notifications of John, Mary & Mike looking at your site can be turned into “3 people bought… in the last 12 hours”
- Translations into 23 languages.
- Take control over which pages display notifications and which don’t.
All in all, there are over 30 controls that you can customize. Some of these can be found with competitors (e.g., translations, location). However, Fomo gives you the biggest ability to control your messages. The only downside to this is that you have to do a bit of simple coding to set up filters. This isn’t difficult, but it’s not quite as automated as some other sites.
Pricing for Fomo
Fomo has three plans to choose from:
- Essential: $39/month. Includes 50,000 notifications per month, unlimited websites/domains, roundup notifications, $25 free ad credits.
- Plus: $79/month. 250,000 notifications/month, all features of Essential and phone support.
- Advanced: $199/month. 3,000,000 notifications/month, managed A/B testing, free optimizations, API support.
Fomo discount: Try Fomo for 14 days free and 50% off your first month afterwards with our coupon code IMP.
Fomo vs. Proof
Fomo is, in some ways, the most advanced social proof service as it provides you with a wide variety of customizations. On the other hand, it also requires a bit more time to learn how to use all the features. It comes down to whether you feel you can benefit from what it offers. Compared to Proof, it provides a broader range of features but is also a bit more expensive. You can find more info on how Fomo copares with Proof here.
Comparing Proof, ProveSource, Provely, and Fomo
These are four social proof services, each with a wide variety of features and its own price plans. Here are some of the pros and cons of each service.
Pros: Offers a wide selection of features, including Live Visitor Count, Hot Streaks, and Recent Activity. Pricing is quite flexible with six plans based on your number of visitors.
Cons: no free trial, no native shopping apps.
Pros: Offers advanced features such as fully localized notifications, native shopping apps, and product purchase notifications. It also offers a free plan and low prices.
Cons: No significant drawbacks. However, some competitors offer specialized features not found on ProveSource (see Provely and Fomo).
Pros: Choice of 3 types of campaigns is convenient for newer sites without high volumes of traffic. Billing by the number of domains is reasonable if you’re only promoting one domain. Reasonable rates.
Cons: If you have many domains, you’ll have to upgrade to a higher plan whereas all the other services reviewed here offer unlimited domains for all plans. No free plan.
Pros: Unparalleled customizations. You can set up notifications to suit your brand, setting yourself apart from the competition. It offers a 7-day free trial (but no long-term free plan).
Cons: There’s a bit of a learning curve if you want to set up customizations. More expensive than many other services.
Conclusions and Recommendations
If you’re looking to choose the best solution for social proof, you have to consider your own needs and budget. Here are our recommendations based on features, price, customer feedback, and other factors:
Best overall value: ProveSource
Greatest choice for customizations: Fomo
Before choosing a social proof service, you should do your own research and decide which you find most appealing. Each of these services has its benefits, and all provide lists of features, case studies, and reviews from customers to help you decide.